Saturday, May 30, 2009

and the earth trembles... for an update

Jon and I were rudely awoken by this, a 4.2 earthquake that violently rumbled through our little apartment. We should be used to these by now, and I do still like them, but once I wake up after getting 8 hours of sleep, even if it is a weekend, my body won't let me fall back to sleep. Which is fine really, because today Jon and I will have our driving lessons. Our practical driving test is Wednesday and we wanted to get at least one lesson in beforehand, so wish us luck! The test is in Japanese so it might be frustrating, but we hope to pass it!

Tomorrow, I (and hopefully Jon) will be participating in Chinen Elementary School's Dragon Boat Race. I can't wait! I get to row with my 6h grade students, some of which are in my English club. Also, I have been looking forward to this cultural event since I found out about it.

Jon and I have been all over the place recently, to castles, "haunted hotels", traditional Okinawan houses, and even to the art museum, so hopefully you've checked out our photos at those places. I plan to write a blog about the art museum and the hotel, so hopefully I will have time soon. I've been so busy at work I can't even check my email, and exhausted when I get home!

Until next time...

No comments: