Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tokyo Trip Plans

One fun thing I've done since I got back has been planning a trip to Tokyo. One of the new JETs, Daniel, 26 from New Zealand, mentioned it at the welcome party, and Jon and I jumped at the opportunity to go up to Tokyo with someone who had lived near there for a year. Daniel did his last year of high school in Japan and even though he was just there for orientation, was eager to go back. His host family from his original trip also has a lot of hook ups so we are getting discounts at our hotel. The three of us are very excited to go! So far we've planned to go to a baseball game (Giants vs. Dragons), see a Prodigy Concert, do 2 days at Tokyo Disney (1 at Disneyland and one at Disney Sea), see a Kabuki play, and explore the areas of Harujuku, Roppongi, and Yoyogi Park. I am so excited to take the new camera up there and get some great shots!

Daniel has never been to Kyoto, Osaka, or Hiroshima before either, so we are tentatively planning a trip up that way during cherry blossom season (early April). I hope I can get enough days off for all of this fun!

No comments: