Friday, November 7, 2008

My First Post (Finally)

Hi Everybody! (Now you say, "Hi, Dr. Nick!")

I've been here in Okinawa for just over two months (my birthday will be my three month Okinawa monthiversary) and this place still puzzles me beyond belief. Puzzles, amazes, frustrates, amuses, fascinates, angers, humbles, and any number of other things. Like I said in my bio, not a day goes by without something happening that I didn't expect. However, like Kristin, I'm not always able to write about it. Usually something will occur while I am away from the apartment, either running errands or teaching, or just stuck in Okinawan traffic (I have only come across one road that has three lanes in either direction, and that's on the other side of the island. I'm sure I could write much more about traffic, so I will save that for another post.), so I try to remember it for later. Unfortunately, there are so many weird or funny things that happen, they all get jumbled together.
Also, time seems to go quickly for me here. I get up with Kristin, make some breakfast, and then she heads off to work in the morning. I go to work in the afternoon, so I have the morning to get stuff done. I don't really know where the time goes, but before I know it, it's time to go to work. Most of you know how good I am at wasting time, but even when I'm getting stuff done, there just doesn't seem to be enough time. I guess that's universal, though. I don't get home until late, sometimes after 10pm, and by then it's time to eat something, hang out with Kristin for a bit, then go to sleep. I don't really feel like I have much time to organize my thoughts and then put them up. Plus, the internet can be a huge distraction. Then again, I suppose I am posting right now, so it's possible. I just have to make the time. So make the time I will. I don't get a chance to communicate with all of you as much as I'd like, so hopefully, I will post regularly, and you will read and comment regularly, and all will be right in the universe.

Domo arigatou gozaimasu!
Jon

No comments: